- 1 How do I set a default homepage in WordPress?
- 2 Why can’t I edit my homepage in WordPress?
- 3 How do I add a page to my WordPress homepage?
- 4 How do I remove the default homepage in WordPress?
- 5 How can I set my homepage?
- 6 How do I change the banner on my WordPress Homepage?
- 7 How do I access WordPress admin?
- 8 How do I change the picture on my WordPress Homepage?
- 9 Who can see private pages in WordPress?
- 10 How do I link pages in WordPress?
- 11 How do I remove the page title in WordPress?
- 12 How do I hide page titles in WordPress?
How do I set a default homepage in WordPress?
To designate your static homepage, go to My Sites → Customize → Homepage Settings: Then, under Front page displays, choose A static page. Next, click on the Homepage dropdown list and select the “Home ” page you created as your static homepage: Next, on the Posts page dropdown, select the “Posts” page you created.
Why can’t I edit my homepage in WordPress?
You have to create and publish the welcome page and then set that as your “static front page” at settings > reading. If you want a blog page showing posts as well, you also have to create a blog page and publish it, and then set it as the “posts” page at settings > reading.
How do I add a page to my WordPress homepage?
To add a new page to your site, click on Pages in your Dashboard and then click Add New Page. If you would like to edit an existing page, click on the title of the page you’d like to edit. You’ll be taken to the Editor where you can add text, images, contact forms, buttons, and any other content for your page.
How do I remove the default homepage in WordPress?
2- Go to Dashboard => Appearance => Customize => Menus =>Primary and see if there are any other pages on the menu except the pages that you have added. If so then you can remove the page or the link.
How can I set my homepage?
Choose your homepage
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app.
- At the top right, tap More. Settings.
- Under “Advanced,” tap Homepage.
- Choose Chrome’s homepage or a custom page.
Steps to Change the Header Image
- Log into the WordPress Dashboard.
- Navigate to Appearance in the menu, then click on Header.
- You will see that the screen jumps to the Customize option for the theme.
- When you have selected an image you will be taken to the Crop Header Image page.
How do I access WordPress admin?
On a typical WordPress site, all you need to do is add /login/ or /admin/ to the end of your site’s URL. Both of these URLs will take you to your login page where you can enter your username and password. Once logged in, you will be taken directly to the admin area, or dashboard, of your site.
How do I change the picture on my WordPress Homepage?
Replace an Image
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard.
- Once logged into WordPress click on Pages from the left side menu.
- Click on the name of the page that you want to change the image on. This will open the Page Editor.
- Click on the image you wish to replace.
- Click on the Replace button below the image preview.
Who can see private pages in WordPress?
A WordPress private page and posts are not visible to the public. In other words, visitors can’t see the content even if they know the URL. It is only available for authorized users who are logged in to the Dashboard.
Go to the Appearance » Menus page. If you don’t already have a menu set up, then you can create one by entering a menu name. Next, select the pages you want to add to your menu on the left-hand side, then click the ‘Add to Menu’ button. WordPress will automatically link to your selected posts and pages.
How do I remove the page title in WordPress?
If you just want to remove the titles, it’s easy to do: Go to Pages > All Pages. Hover a page and click Quick Edit, then blank the title and click Update. You can also click the title or hover and click Edit, then find the heading at the top, delete the text inside, and click Update.
How do I hide page titles in WordPress?
Click on the little ‘settings’ icon located at the bottom left corner of the page. Then toggle the hide title box to remove the title from the post or page. This same approach can be used to hide post or page title on your WordPress site.