- 1 How do I add a page to a menu in WordPress?
- 2 How do I add a page in WordPress 2021?
- 3 How do I add a page to my menu bar?
- 4 How do I add a drop-down menu in WordPress?
- 5 How do pages work on WordPress?
- 6 How do I add content to WordPress?
- 7 How do I duplicate a page in WordPress?
- 8 How do I add menu options in WordPress?
- 9 How do I add a drop down menu in Woocommerce?
- 10 How do I add an image to a drop down menu in WordPress?
To add a new Page as a menu item, tick the checkboxes in the Pages panel, next to each of the Pages that you’d like to add. You can select one Page at a time or multiple. After selecting your Pages, click the Add to Menu button. The new menu items will append to the bottom of the current list of menu items.
How do I add a page in WordPress 2021?
Adding a new page in WordPress
- To create a WordPress page, log in to your dashboard admin area using your login details (username and password).
- Hover your cursor over the “Pages” menu item on the navigation menu located on the left-hand side of the Dashboard. Click “Add New”.
Select “Menus” from the drop-down menu under “Appearances”. Type a name in the “Menu Name” dialogue box (ex. “Main” or “Header”), then click “Create Menu”. Click the boxes for the pages you want to include in your new menu then click “ Add to Menu ”.
How to Add a Drop-Down Menu: Step by Step
- Step 1: Create Menu Items. To get started, navigate to Appearance > Menus in your WordPress dashboard.
- Step 2: Set Your Menu Structure. At this stage, your menu is not yet organized.
- Step 3: Add CSS to Your Menu.
- Step 4: Preview Your Menu.
- Step 5: Publish Your Menu.
How do pages work on WordPress?
Pages are static one-off type of documents which are not tied to the blog’s reverse chronological order of content. Pages can be hierarchical, which means a page can have sub pages, for example a parent page titled “About us” can have a sub-page called “Our history”. On the other hand posts are not hierarchical.
How do I add content to WordPress?
How to add new content:
- Click on Post > Add New.
- Add in your new content, including a Title.
- If applicable, in the Categories section (right column) select appropriate Categories for the post.
- If you are adding your content via a new Page: Click on Page > Add New. Add in your new content, including a Title. Either:
How do I duplicate a page in WordPress?
In your WordPress dashboard, go to Posts > All when cloning posts, or Pages > All when cloning pages. Navigate to the page or post you want to copy, and click on Clone to duplicate it. Multiple pages or posts can be selected, and you can clone them all at once using Bulk Actions.
Adding Your Menu to Your Site #
- Scroll to the bottom of the menu editor window.
- Under Menu Settings -> Display location, click the check box for the location where you want your menu to appear.
- Click Save Menu once you’ve made your selection.
To create a drop down menu drag a menu item slightly to the right of the menu item above it to create a sub item (parent/child) relationship in the menu. You can also click the down arrow to reveal more information and there click the Up one, Down one, Under [item above it], and To the top.
Upon activation, you need to visit Appearance » Menus page. From here, you can click on any menu item in the in the right column to expand it. You’ll see the ‘Menu image’ and ‘Image on hover’ buttons in settings for each item. Using these buttons, you can select or upload the menu image icon you want to use.