- 1 How do I add a custom sidebar in WordPress?
- 2 How do I move my sidebar to the right?
- 3 How do I remove the sidebar in WordPress?
- 4 How do I rearrange my sidebar Widgets?
- 5 How do I change the sidebar in WooCommerce?
- 6 How do you add a sidebar to Hello theme?
- 7 How do you add a sidebar to a page?
- 8 Where is the main sidebar in WordPress?
How to create a custom WordPress sidebar (in 2 steps)
- Step 1: Create your first custom WordPress sidebar. Once the plugin is up and running, you’ll find an option that reads Create a new sidebar under Appearance > Widgets on your dashboard.
- Step 2: Specify the location for your new sidebar.
Open the sidebar (bookmarks or history) and click the Label button with the drop-down arrow. In the drop-down menu that open you will find an item to “Move Sidebar to the Right”.
How to Remove Sidebar in WordPress
- Log into your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets on the left side of your dashboard.
- Find the Sidebar area.
- Expand the widget section by clicking the down arrow.
- Then, click Delete.
- Repeat these steps until you’ve deleted all the widgets under the Sidebar area.
To move a Widget: The Widget must be located in a Sidebar or other active content area before it can be moved. Click on the Widget Title and hold the mouse button down, then drag the Widget bar up or down to the location desired. At that point release the mouse button.
The product pages for WooCommerce already has support for a sidebar you simply need to go to Appearance > Customize > WooCommerce > Single and change the “Layout” option to either “Left Sidebar” or “Right Sidebar”.
Go to Content > Sidebar > Choose Sidebar, and select a sidebar to display on the page. Tip: Elementor’s Hello theme does not come with a widgets menu section or sidebar by default.
Head over to the Appearance » Widgets page. You will notice your newly created custom sidebars among your theme’s default sidebars. You can go ahead and add widgets to your custom sidebars. The plugin will now show the sidebars based on your settings.
Open your WordPress dashboard, then navigate to Appearance -> Customize. Go to the left panel and choose Widgets. It will show you a list of your website’s widget area. Select Main Sidebar.