- 1 How do I find subpages in WordPress?
- 2 What are subpages in WordPress?
- 3 How do I edit a subpage in WordPress?
- 4 How do I add a menu in WordPress?
- 5 What does set parent mean in WordPress?
- 6 What is the difference between pages and posts in WordPress?
- 7 How do I show a list of child pages in a parent page in WordPress?
- 8 How do I find page IDS in WordPress?
- 9 How do I add a parent page in WordPress?
- 10 How do I add a drop-down menu in WordPress?
- 11 How does a user delete a social media icon in WordPress?
- 12 What is a child page in WordPress?
How do I find subpages in WordPress?
After you’ve published your page, click the WordPress icon in the top left corner of your web browser and click View Pages to go back to your dashboard where you’ll be able to see all your pages. You’ll see sub-pages are indented under their parent pages.
What are subpages in WordPress?
Pages in WordPress can be standalone or hierarchical, which means a page can have its own sub-pages also known as child pages. In this article, we will show you how to easily create a child page in WordPress to better organize your pages.
How do I edit a subpage in WordPress?
NOTE: the same edit could be done on an individual page under the Page Attributes box in the right column of the dashboard. Once all three pages are selected, click the Bulk Actions drop down above the list of pages. Select Edit from the drop down. Then click the Apply button beside the Edit drop down.
Defining a Menu
- Login to the WordPress Dashboard.
- From the ‘Appearance’ menu on the left-hand side of the Dashboard, select the ‘Menus’ option to bring up the Menu Editor.
- Select Create a new menu at the top of the page.
- Enter a name for your new menu in the Menu Name box.
- Click the Create Menu button.
What does set parent mean in WordPress?
A parent page is a top-level page, with child pages nested under it. Parent page drop down in Page Settings. For example, you could have an “About” page as a top level or parent page, and then have child pages “Life Story” and “My Dogs” under it. Under “My Dogs” you could have another page, titled “Rosco”.
What is the difference between pages and posts in WordPress?
In a nutshell, pages are used for static content, whereas posts are for more timely content that is regularly updated. Depending on your website, you can have any combination of pages and posts.
How do I show a list of child pages in a parent page in WordPress?
add_shortcode( ‘wpb_childpages’, ‘wpb_list_child_pages’ ); The code above first checks to see if a page has a parent or the page itself is a parent. If it is a parent page, then it displays the child pages associated with it. If it is a child page, then it displays all other child pages of its parent page.
How do I find page IDS in WordPress?
To find a page ID, open your WordPress dashboard and click on Pages > All Pages. Once the page has opened, you need to look at the URL in your web browser’s address bar. Here, you will find the page ID number displayed within the page URL.
How do I add a parent page in WordPress?
Go to Administration > Pages > Add New screen. In the right menu, click the “Page Parent” drop-down menu. The drop-down menu contains a list of all the Pages already created for your site. Select the appropriate parent Page from the drop-down menu to make the current Page a child Page.
How to Add a Drop-Down Menu: Step by Step
- Step 1: Create Menu Items. To get started, navigate to Appearance > Menus in your WordPress dashboard.
- Step 2: Set Your Menu Structure. At this stage, your menu is not yet organized.
- Step 3: Add CSS to Your Menu.
- Step 4: Preview Your Menu.
- Step 5: Publish Your Menu.
remove social media icons
- Go to Theme Customization.
- Click on Menus.
- Click on Social Media.
- Under Menu Locations, uncheck Social Menu.
What is a child page in WordPress?
A child page is a page that “lives” in hierarchy underneath another page (the parent). In the example below, both “Our Team” and “Company History” are child pages of “About”. Home. About.