- 1 How do I show posts on a page in WordPress?
- 2 How do I link a post to a page in WordPress?
- 3 How do I add a blog post to a page in WordPress?
- 4 What is a single post page in WordPress?
- 5 What is difference between Post and Page in WordPress?
- 6 How do I get the latest post on my WordPress homepage?
- 7 Why are my posts not showing up on WordPress?
- 8 How can I duplicate a page in WordPress?
How do I show posts on a page in WordPress?
Firstly, login to your WordPress admin dashboard, then click on ‘Settings > Reading’. Next, select the “Your latest post” option under the ‘Homepage displays’ settings. After that, click on save changes. This is the easiest method of showing posts on your home page in WordPress.
Open up the post that you want to edit, or create a new one. Find the text you want to use as the link’s anchor and highlight it. Then, click the ‘Link’ button which should appear in the first row of toolbar buttons. You can then copy and paste the URL you want to link to, or search for it, as in the block editor.
How do I add a blog post to a page in WordPress?
- 1From the Dashboard, choose Pages→Add New.
- 2Type a name for the page in the text box toward the top of the page.
- 3Leave the text box blank.
- 4Click the Publish button.
- 5Choose Settings→Reading.
- 6From the Posts Page drop-down list, choose the page you just created.
What is a single post page in WordPress?
Custom single post templates allow you to use different layouts for your individual blog posts. Many WordPress themes come with a few different page templates, and you can also create your own if needed.
What is difference between Post and Page in WordPress?
In a nutshell, pages are used for static content, whereas posts are for more timely content that is regularly updated. Depending on your website, you can have any combination of pages and posts. Both have their uses, so it’s worth understanding their relative strengths.
How do I get the latest post on my WordPress homepage?
To add the widget:
- Login to your WordPress website.
- Navigate to Appearance>Widgets.
- Find the Recent Posts widget, then drag and drop it in the desired widget area.
- Once added, you can add a title, set the number of posts to show and more.
- Click Save to complete the changes.
Why are my posts not showing up on WordPress?
Most of the time, problems related to WordPress changes not showing on your site have to do with caching issues (browser caching, page caching, or CDN caching). The fix is to clear the cache causing these issues, making sure both you and your visitors are seeing the most recent version of your site.
How can I duplicate a page in WordPress?
In your WordPress dashboard, go to Posts > All when cloning posts, or Pages > All when cloning pages. Navigate to the page or post you want to copy, and click on Clone to duplicate it. Multiple pages or posts can be selected, and you can clone them all at once using Bulk Actions.