- 1 How do I insert an email link in WordPress?
- 2 How do I hyperlink an email address?
- 3 How do you copy an email link?
- 4 How do you hyperlink to an email template?
- 5 How do I copy and paste URL?
- 6 How do I copy a clickable link?
- 7 How do I make a clickable link?
- 8 How do I paste a link into a template?
- 9 How do I add a subject and body to my mailto link?
- 10 How do you create an email link in HTML?
First, type a plain email address into a post or page. Then highlight the email address text and click the link icon in the editor. Alternatively, press cmd+k (ctrl+k) to use the link shortcut. WordPress will recognize the email address and automatically insert the correct Mailto link for you.
In the message, select the text or picture that you want to display as the link. On the Insert tab, click Link or Hyperlink. Under Link to, click E-mail Address. Either type the email address that you want in the E-mail address box, or select an email address in the Recently used e-mail addresses list.
Press and hold on the message that contains the link. Tap the “Copy” button that appears. It may just be an icon of two pages stacked on each other at the top of the screen. Paste the copied text where you want to paste the link, and then manually delete any extra text that came with the original message.
To hyperlink a text in an email template
- On the page where you add the content or the body of the HTML Email Template, highlight a text.
- Click the link icon on the Formatting Controls ribbon and enter the URL on the pop-up dialog box.
- Click OK to save the link.
- Click Save to save the template.
How do I copy and paste URL?
After you copy a URL, it saves to your device’s clipboard. To add or paste the URL: Touch and hold the text field. Tap Paste.
How to Copy & Paste a Hyperlink
- Scroll over the hyperlink while holding down your left mouse button.
- Hit “Ctrl” + “C” on your keyboard to copy the hyperlink.
- Open the document or location into which you want to paste the hyperlink.
- Select “Ctrl” + “V.” You have now pasted the hyperlink.
Create a hyperlink to a location on the web
- Select the text or picture that you want to display as a hyperlink.
- Press Ctrl+K. You can also right-click the text or picture and click Link on the shortcut menu.
- In the Insert Hyperlink box, type or paste your link in the Address box.
Convert text into a hyperlink
- Type your text into the body of the template you would like to be a link.
- Highlight the text you want to turn into a link.
- Click on the Insert a Link button.
- Enter the URL you want the text to link to.
- Click Ok.
- Click Save.
If you want to add a subject to that e-mail add? subject=<subject> to the mailto tag. For example, the complete tag would look similar to the example below. You can also add body text by adding &body=body to the end of the tag, as shown in the example below.
The most common way to link an email in HTML is by using an anchor tag that has a href attribute. The href will point to the email you would like to send the email to. This link will open up a new, blank email, addressed to you, in the users’ email client. But, we can add more information to our mailto link.