- 1 How do I insert an anchor link in WordPress?
- 2 How do I add an anchor link to a URL?
- 3 How do I create an anchor link in an Elementor?
- 4 Can anchor tag have ID?
- 5 How do anchor links work?
- 6 How do you add an anchor tag in HTML?
- 7 How do you create a link to jump to a specific part of a page Elementor?
- 8 How do I link a menu anchor?
- 9 How do I create a smooth scrolling anchor link?
On the post edit screen, scroll down to the ‘Table of Contents’ tab below the editor. From here, you can check the ‘Insert table of contents’ option and select the headings you want to include as anchor links. You can now save your changes and preview your article.
Creating the Anchor Link
- Highlight the text that should link to the header anchor.
- Click the link icon in the toolbar and select the Insert link option from the dropdown menu.
- Add your ID with a preceding # symbol in to the URL field.
- Click the blue Insert button when you’re finished.
To set up an Elementor anchor link, simply find the Menu Anchor element in Elementor’s sidebar menu. Next, you need to drag the element to where you want the link to lead. An anchor can be set up anywhere on the page. It will not be visible to users, but you will be able to find and configure it.
Can anchor tag have ID?
Anchor tag IDs are used to specify an element’s (a link’s) unique identifier. The key word here is unique – while you can have the same id throughout the site, you can’t have two of the same id on the same page. You’ll likely see anchor tag ids shortened as an “a id” – but don’t call them that.
The anchor tag is essentially a tag that you can attach to a word or a phrase (exactly like you would a normal internal or external link), except it brings readers down to a different section of the page as opposed to another webpage. You’re essentially creating a unique URL within the same page when you use this tag.
How do you add an anchor tag in HTML?
If you prefer to use HTML to code the anchor tags, click to the Anchor Tag Code section. First, you will need to place the anchor. In the Rich Text editor, place the cursor in the post where you wish to drop the anchor, open the Insert menu, and click Anchor. You will prompted to add an ID for the anchor.
Elementor Jump To Section Easily
- Step 1: Open Edit section toolbox.
- Step 2: Add CSS ID to the section.
- Step 3: Drag and drop an Elementor button.
- Step 4: Go to the Edit button toolbox.
- Step 5: Link the button the section.
To add a Menu Anchor to your layout and scroll to a specific section of widget after clicking on a navigation menu item you have to: Add the Menu Anchor link widget to the top of the widget or section which you want to scroll to it in Elementor. Insert the Menu Anchor’s name to a WordPress menu custom link.
Add ‘Smooth Scrolling’ to Anchor Links
- Type Smooth Scrolling script as the Script Name.
- Select Before Body End Tag from the Placement menu.
- Paste the script below into the blank field: