- 1 What should I write in meta description?
- 2 What is a meta description on a website?
- 3 What is a good meta description?
- 4 How do I change meta description in WordPress?
- 5 How do I find meta description?
- 6 How do I improve my meta description?
- 7 What is a meta tag example?
- 8 What is the use of meta keywords?
- 9 Does Google use meta keywords?
- 10 What is an example of meta?
- 11 What is a meta data description?
- 12 How do I find meta description in WordPress?
- 13 How do I write a meta description for SEO?
What should I write in meta description?
How to write a great meta description
- Stick to your brand voice and tone, but also keep it conversational.
- Include your primary keyword if you can do so naturally.
- Make sure you convey value to the reader.
- Include a call-to-action, i.e. “Learn more here.”
- Write in active voice.
What is a meta description on a website?
A meta description is the small blurb that appears underneath your website on the SERP that includes information about your page. It is designed to provide users with a brief summary of the content on your page so that users know if the page will answer their question.
What is a good meta description?
A page’s meta description should intelligently (read: in a natural, active, non-spammy way) employ the keywords that page is targeting, but also create a compelling description that a searcher will want to click. It should be directly relevant to the page it describes, and unique from the descriptions for other pages.
How do I change meta description in WordPress?
How to Change a WordPress Meta Description
- Launch your browser and log into your blog at WordPress.com.
- Click the “Settings” icon on the Dashboard panel to the left.
- Click the “General” menu item.
- Type your new description into the input box labeled “Tagline.”
- Click the “Save Changes” button to save your new Tagline.
How do I find meta description?
The meta description is the short paragraph of text placed in the HTML of a webpage that describes its content. The meta description will then appear under your page’s URL in the search results.
How do I improve my meta description?
How to Write Powerful Meta Descriptions
- Ignore Character Count… To a Point. Stop agonizing over character count.
- Use Keywords. Again, just because Google doesn’t use meta descriptions for ranking doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t include keywords.
- Include a Call to Action.
- Don’t Write a Meta Description.
What is a meta tag example?
Meta tags provide information about the webpage in the HTML of the document. This information is called “metadata” and while it is not displayed on the page itself, it can be read by search engines and web crawlers. Example of meta tags include the
What is the use of meta keywords?
Meta tags are used “behind the scenes” of a website page to communicate information about that page to search engine crawlers. The Meta Keyword tag is used — or more accurately, was used — to let Google and other search engines know which keywords were most relevant to the content of a given web page.
Does Google use meta keywords?
Does Google ever use the keywords meta tag in its web search ranking? In a word, no. Our web search (the well-known search at Google.com that hundreds of millions of people use each day) disregards keyword metatags completely. They simply don’t have any effect in our search ranking at present.
What is an example of meta?
The definition of meta is a person or thing that is more than usual or that goes above and beyond. An example of meta used as an adjective are meta tags which are HTML tags that are hidden on a website screen but give search engines the title and description of the web screen.
What is a meta data description?
The official definition of ‘metadata’ is data that describes other data. Metadata appears in Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs), using keywords relevant to the content on the page. It is made up of two parts; a page title – or meta title – and meta description.
How do I find meta description in WordPress?
Once on the content editor screen, scroll down to the ‘AIOSEO Settings’ box below the content area. You will see your site’s title and an automatically generated description as the snippet. Below that, you’ll see the Meta Description field.
How do I write a meta description for SEO?
Support meta descriptions with strong page titles.
- Use the keyword but don’t overuse it.
- Place the keyword near the front of the title.
- Focus on readers, not just search engines.
- Show benefits and value.
- Include your brand name when relevant.
- Write 50 to 60 characters.
- Write unique page titles for each page.