- 1 How do I create multiple categories in WordPress?
- 2 How do I create a parent category in WordPress?
- 3 How do I show Page categories in WordPress?
- 4 How do I show sub categories in WordPress?
- 5 What are examples of categories?
- 6 What is the difference between categories and tags in WordPress?
- 7 How do I add categories and tags in WordPress?
- 8 How do I view child categories in WordPress?
- 9 How many subcategories can you have in WordPress?
- 10 How do I add tags in WordPress?
How do I create multiple categories in WordPress?
WordPress Permalinks with Multiple Categories
- Organize your categories. Go to Posts > Categories. Set up your categories so that they are organized in a hierarchy like in the image below.
- Permalink structure. Go to Settings > Permalinks.
- Add only one category. Go go to a post and look for the Categories block.
How do I create a parent category in WordPress?
To create a child category, go to the Posts » Categories screen and select a parent category from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the name for your child category, adding the description and slug are optional. Now click the “Add New Category“ button and your child category will be created.
How do I show Page categories in WordPress?
In order to display that page, you just need to do some simple steps: Go to Posts → Categories. Navigate to Categories, then click View under your desired category. Viewing Directly
- Go to Settings → Permalinks.
- Choose Custom Structure.
- Add /%category%/%postname%/ after your domain.
- Enter “.” to Category base.
How do I show sub categories in WordPress?
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress. On the ‘Widgets’ sub-menu of ‘Appearance’ you will find a new widget type called ‘Sub Category’. Add one or more of these to your themes widget display areas. For each widget you add, decide what and how you’d like it to display.
What are examples of categories?
The definition of a category is any sort of division or class. An example of category is food that is made from grains. A class or division in a scheme of classification.
Categories are best used for broad groupings of topics. For example, if you’re creating a site that reviews media, you might use categories such as Books or Film or TV. Tags are much more specific topics that you want to use to associate related content.
On any existing page, click on the Settings button and select the Document tab. You will now see a Categories and Tag option appear in the settings. Simply click on one of them and you will be presented with the same options as a post. Choose a category for your page.
How do I view child categories in WordPress?
$categories=get_categories( array( ‘parent’ => $cat->cat_ID ) ); Notice that there are two similar but not equal “get child” parameters that you can use. child_of (integer) Display all categories that are descendants (i.e. children & grandchildren) of the category identified by its ID.
How many subcategories can you have in WordPress?
By default, WordPress allows you to create a hierachy of up to 3 (sub)categories. And even in most cases, having three subcategories is too much. People are nowadays used to fast content and fast navigation.
To add tags to a new post, go to your blog’s admin area > Posts > Add New. When you write your new post, add a tag to it by typing the tag word in the Tags field on the right and click on Add. You can add as many tags as you want.